Saturday, October 6, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to my food blog!

For the past year and a half I've been blogging about my adventures of living, traveling, and eating in Albania and the surrounding European countries.  I'm going to continue sharing these experiences through Albania or Bust, but I'm now branching out into a second blog that focuses on my true passion--all things food.

I've already posted a lot about food.  All About Bacon paid homage to this sinfully delicious pork product while  Culinary Satisfaction showcased the simple, yet delicious foods I've been able to find here in Albania. I've shared some of my own culinary feats, like the sit down Thanksgiving dinner for 25 that I served last year.  In Slow Food Albania, I talked about my first experience eating at  Mrizi i Zanave, the only Slow Food restaurant in Albania.  I've returned there since that visit and true to form, the next meal was just as memorable.  Peppery Paprika and Other Hungarian Delights focused on my my culinary experiences during a week in Budapest.  

In future posts I'll talk about my experiences in shopping, cooking, and eating food in this tiny Balkan country.  In the past I've shied away from discussing my cooking disasters--the cake that wouldn't bake, the tart that singed to a crisp within minutes of being in the oven--- but since these are all a part of the overall experience I'll be talking about that too.

I hope you will enjoy what you read and as always, I welcome your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment