Monday, December 31, 2012

Pumpkin Pie


This is a family favorite and I used some of my precious stash of canned pumpkin to make not one, but two of these pies for our Thanksgiving feast.  This recipe was also featured in my interview with Albanian Living Magazine.















PUMPKIN PIE

3 cups cooked, pureed pumpkin or squash (or 1 29-oz can pumpkin puree)
3 Tablespoons white sugar
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 Tablespoons molasses
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 beaten eggs
1 1/2 cups evaporated milk

1 unbaked pie shell


1)  Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

2)  Place the pumpkin puree in a medium-sized bowl, and add all of the other ingredients.  Beat until
     smooth with an electric mixer.

The batter comes together so quickly


I got fancy and added pumpkin cutouts around the rim of the pie plate


3)  Spread the mixture over the pie crust and bake at 35 for 10 minutes.  Turn the oven down to 350
      and bake another 40 minutes, or until the pie is firm in the center when shaken lightly.

4)  Cool at least to room temperature before serving.  The pie can be eaten chilled or at room
      temperature.  Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream if desired.

3 comments:

  1. I am going to have to try this sometime. It sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never made pumpkin pie before. Your recipe sounds and looks really delicious so I might actually give it a go one of these days now. :-)

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when people try new recipes! Please let me know how it goes.

      Delete